Who we are
The members of the Council of Bologna’s Chamber of Commerce are appointed by the organisations representing the enterprises operating in major economic sectors, (proportionally to their presence in the province), as well as by workers unions, users and consumer associations.
Therefore, the Chamber of Commerce is a “shared home” for enterprises and various businessmen.
The Chamber of Commerce of Bologna offers many instruments and initiatives. Its main functions are:
- Administration services: updating of business registers, lists, etc. where all the data on firms and enterprises are registered.
- Promotional activities: supporting business and its development, protection of the local economy.
- Analysis, studies on the local market: collecting all the necessary information in order to detail the economic situation of the area.
- Market regulation functions: to better up the levels of transparency on economic relations between consumers and enterprises.
- Entrepreneurial training: in order to guarantee to whoever wants to start a business the correct information, orientation and knowledge to build a solid company.
- Development of metropolitan infrastructures.
The Chamber of Commerce of Bologna, as “home of the enterprises of Bologna” and governmental institution, guarantees protection to the local market and the correct development of economical and commercial transactions; these important duties assure the safeguard of firms, enterprises, consumers and workers.
The Chamber has many of its offices in Palazzo Affari but the head offices are in Palazzo della Mercanzia.
In addition to its fundamental functions, the Chamber of Commerce of Bologna is the majority partner of Bologna’s airport born as a special Chamber Of Commerce enterprise. Bologna’s Guglielmo Marconi Airport is one of the best Italian airports in number of international destinations and with a runway authorized to handle flights travelling as far as five thousand sea miles and can boast as having the very latest environmental protection/security technology.
Bologna Airport's catchment area includes around 10 million people. This great privilege and responsibility means we are committed to providing services of the highest standards in Europe so as to offer travelers an extensive and diverse network of connections. We take great pleasure in helping facilitate our country’s economic growth and favoring the international expansion of local companies – to the benefit of all.
The Chamber of Commerce of Bologna is also an important member and has contributed to the birth of:
- Bologna Fiere, one of the leading European exhibition organizers and one of the most advanced show centers worldwide. BolognaFiere Group manages three exhibition centers (Bologna, Modena, and Ferrara) with over 75 outstanding exhibitions in Italy and abroad; Bologna Fiere Group consists of several companies that offer an extensive range of events and provides businesses with all of the promotion and specialized services they need to successfully participate in each exhibition.
- The Interporto Bologna SpA is a joint stock company which began in 1971 with the aim of designing, building and managing the Bologna freight village (interporto), an integrated complex of infrastructure, facilities and services that enable the smooth functioning of the site and satisfy the requirements of the operators dealing with logistics and/or intermodal transport activities.
- The Centergross, European center of the wholesale commerce. Centegross is a large commercial hub whose goal is to boost a company’s productivity and efficiency, improve the quality of services and increase the volume of business. It is where the passion for work shared by hundreds of entrepreneurs manifests itself as quality, promptness and customer focus. Moreover, the support of professional banking, postal, logistic, consulting and food services contributes extra value to your time and that of business
- Bologna Congressi, a premier facility and service provider, able to meet all business tourism needs. Bologna Congressi has 30 years experience in the Meeting Industry, 3 venues and more than 30 meeting rooms. The Event Department is a reliable reference point to event organizers, thanks to the complete range of high quality services offered.
- The Travel Department, with its information points located in Piazza Maggiore, in the Fair district and at the Arrival Area of Bologna Guglielmo Marconi Airport and www.bolognawelcome.com, the city's tourism portal, welcome incoming guests with several tourist services: accommodation, transportation and thematic proposals to make efficient use of your free time. A Help Desk offers customized assistance to congress participants, everyday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., thanks to its advanced technological system and its qualified staff.
Moreover, to achieve better results in supporting local business and enterprises, the Chamber of Commerce has set-up a special company: CTC, that operates in management training and manages the conference rooms. The Special Agency is directly connected to the Chamber and pursue the objectives of the Chamber itself.
As a governmental institution, it is a member of the Unioncamere, a network that links all the Chambers Of Commerce in Italy, which are part of a national system that provides real-time data from each Chamber throughout the national territory.